Damien was previously a physiotherapist in France for 15 years before moving to Canada with his family in 2016. Meeting and helping people have always been a passion for him. Damien had the chance to work with patients from just a few weeks to a hundred years old and he still remains fascinated by the body and moreover by the encounter with the patients with their history and background.
Professional Training And Experience
After completing his degree in physiotherapy in France in 2000 Damien has attended numerous seminars and training courses to improve his skills and his understanding of the body.
In 2007, Damien was first introduced to osteopathy and that experience had a significant impact on his professional career. After 4 years of study at the Institut de Formation Supérieure en Ostéopathie (IFSO) in Rennes (France) , Damien graduated to become an Osteopath DO (Osteopathic Practitioner in BC).
Damien had his own osteopathy practice clinic and worked in different physiotherapy clinics in France before joining Cedar.
In osteopathy, the therapist considers your body as a whole, comprised of several systems which interact with one another. Damien believe that combining physiotherapy and osteopathy better restores body functions and as a result helps reduce pain and recover balance and harmony.
Using a variety of techniques from Fascial Integration Therapy (F.I.T.) to structural joint adjustments via visceral manipulation, we can remove barriers throughout the body. Therefore, you can access a higher level of health and return to your sport or your daily activities.
The addition of physiotherapy and active rehabilitation are key to help prevent the reoccurrence of injury.
As part of your team at Cedar Chiropractic & Physiotherapy, Damien looks forward to learning from and collaborating with the other team members.
As Damien is from France and a member of RésoSanté, he can provide services in both English and French.
To balance his professional career, Damien particularly enjoys spending time with his wife and his 3 teenagers as well as hiking, running or mountain biking the North Shore trails, backcountry skiing or cooking for his family and friends.
- Clinic nickname: Damien “The Baker” Dubouchet
- Favourite book: 1984
- Favourite food: Silly question.. Bread!
- Favourite leisure activities / hobbies: Backcountry skiing, mountain biking, sourdough bread baking
- Favourite movie: Pulp Fiction
- Favourite place: Any mountaintop, summit..
- Favourite sport: Skiing
- Kryptonite: Too kind
- Most embarrassing moment: Only one..? Probably living in a country with a different language than my mother tongue, I end up sometimes being too much a great listener
- Most known for: Nice guy!
- Most thankful for: Love from my people, what helps me to become who I am
- Something you may not know about him: Only child but raised in 2 big families
- Superhuman talent: Event organizing
- Useless Talent: There are no useless talents
… helped me on my long road to recovery …
Damien Dubouchet is truly amazing. His unconventional approach to physiotherapy has helped me on my long road to recovery without question. I would highly recommend Damien and the staff at Cedar
– Harold S, Google Review