Janice enjoys working with a diverse clientele and has helped semi-paralyzed stroke patients regain use of their hands and relearn to walk, dizzy people to regain equilibrium, dancers to perform pain-free, office workers eliminate tingling in their hands, athletes to eradicate long term back pain, heavy duty mechanics to heal their sciatica, car accident victims to get back to normal and has coached a Special Olympics swim team through winning gold medals at 2013 National competition.
Whether it’s a car accident, an injury or arthritis that is keeping you from doing all that you want to do, Janice has the tools to speed your recovery: IMS needling, electro-acupuncture, adjustments, myofascial release, PNF stretching, laser, ultrasound, E-Stim, neuromuscular retraining, functional exercises, yoga, dynamic neuromuscular stabilization, pain science education and vestibular therapy for vertigo.
Janice will use these treatments to eradicate your pain quickly and then give you prescribed exercises tailored to your personal needs and schedule which will allow you to keep feeling good in the long run.
Let Janice explain how each of the tools could improve your condition so you can co-create your treatment program, or allow her to design one for you! No two people are alike and neither are these programs.
Janice graduated from UBC with a Masters in Physical Therapy, a Bachelor degree in Kinesiology (the study of human movement), and a minor in Psychology. Throughout her life, she has spent her free time doing all kinds of sports such as rollerdance, high speed skiing, downhill mountain biking and basketball which, along with a severe highway car accident, have led to numerous injuries in which she used physiotherapy programs to heal from. Janice feels she can guide her clients through the fastest route to healing because she has experienced the healing process from the inside out. Currently pain-free with full range of motion, Janice is committed to helping her clients achieve the same status.
Schedule in today so she can help you manage your painful condition while keeping up your daily activities and working towards getting back to being better than normal. Long lasting change is possible!
- Clinic nickname: Janice “Rollerderby” Low
- Favourite book: The Gargoyle
- Favourite food: Shahi Paneer with garlic naan
- Favourite leisure activities / hobbies: Rollerdance, snowboarding, downhill mountain biking, crafting birthday cards
- Favourite movie: Action films on the big screen
- Favourite place: Peak to Creek run on a high speed groomer day (Whistler)
- Favourite sport: Rollerdance
- Kryptonite: Buying more clothes than I have time to wear
- Most embarrassing moment: Getting shushed in a restaurant for getting too excited when telling a story and not realizing I was yelling
- Most known for: Always giving 100%
- Most thankful for: Getting to do a job that I love
- Something you may not know about her: I enjoy reading scientific articles in my spare time #NerdPower
- Superhuman talent: Pouring liquid from a wide mouthed glass to a small mouthed bottle without spilling
- Useless Talent: There are no useless talents
… I left feeling very hopeful …
I had a wonderful session with Janice. She was able to pinpoint exactly the procedure that I needed, she used IMS needles and some manual therapy. She released all the kinks in my back within one session. She also gave me some incredible new exercises no one had ever shown me before. I found her knowledge to be cutting edge and her personality is so positive that I left feeling very hopeful in my usually hopeless situation. The desk staff is incredibly kind and helpful and welcoming also. I highly recommend this place!!
– Nicole D, Google Review