Josh Chen PT
This background as a movement specialist informs his treatment as a therapist, and you can expect a very hands-on, focused approach when working with Josh. Josh makes an effort to listen to his client’s stories and goals at every step of the way. This guides his treatments, which include a combination of manual therapy, tailored exercise programs, postural retraining, and ergonomic education.
Dry needling (IMS) is also available with Josh on an as-needed basis. Josh has a special interest in treating dizziness/vertigo, jaw dysfunction, and injuries from motor vehicle accidents, as well as disorders of the neck and shoulder.
He also works with many people on improving their posture and being more comfortable working in front of a computer. He speaks conversational Mandarin.
Outside of the clinic, some things that bring him joy include yoga, HIIT workouts, board games, and good food
- arthritis care
- balance issues
- clinical yoga
- concussion treatment
- IMS, dry needling
- manual therapy
- myofascial release
- sciatica treatment
- sports injury, return play
- taping, bracing
- TMJ pain
- vestibular rehab, vertigo, BPPV
- Clinic nickname: Josh “Yogi” Chen
- Favourite book: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Favourite food: Sushi!
- Favourite leisure activities / hobbies: Eating, running, hanging out with my cats, complicated board games
- Favourite movie: I usually like horror movies, but one of my favourite movies is the rom com “It’s Complicated” starring Meryl Streep
- Favourite place: Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Favourite sport: Is yoga a sport?
- Kryptonite: Cats
- Most known for: Being energetic and bouncy
- Most thankful for: My friends and family, and being able to eat good food
- Something you may not know about him: I was born in South Africa
- Superhuman talent: I’m pretty bendy
- Useless Talent: I can snap really loud but only with my right hand
Since my first appointment, Josh Chen has provided informative and accessible information throughout each appointment to help treat my chronic pain. He goes above and beyond, making sure that treatment plans meet me where I’m at, and is encouraging and supportive when I struggle. If you’re ever looking for a physiotherapist who educates while he provides treatment, I highly recommend seeking out Josh!
Posted on Google