As well as being certified in the GYROTONIC® method, Maria is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and a CPFA certified Pole Fitness Instructor. Maria spent 8 years assisting Louie Ettling of The Yoga Space, in her class for students with special conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s and scoliosis. She also participated in their 3 month study of the effects of Iyengar Yoga on breast cancer survivors.
Maria takes a multi-disciplinary approach to her teaching, but believes that the GYROTONIC® method is the perfect antidote to the postural challenges of aging in the 21st century. As Maria tells her friends, “I probably won’t be doing pole fitness at 90, but I definitely will be doing Gyro!”.
- Clinic nickname: Maria “The Cat Whisperer” Marlow
- Favourite book: In the Company of the Courtesan, The Razors Edge
- Favourite food: Grilled steelhead on arugular
- Favourite leisure activities / hobbies: What’s that?
- Favourite movie: The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Hours
- Favourite place: When I find it I’ll move there
- Favourite sport: Pole dancing
- Kryptonite: Mornings
- Most thankful for: Currently residing in Canada and not my American birthplace
- Superhuman talent: Nothing, all too human
- Useless Talent: I don’t have a useless talent, but I am useless when it comes to technology
GYROTONIC® is a registered trademark of Gyrotonic Sales Corp and is used with their permission