Maria Marlow was born with the fortune / misfortune of club feet and scoliosis. Misfortune because of multiple surgeries, unattractive corrective shoes, and always being picked last for the sports teams in grade school. Fortune, because her personal knowledge and understanding of living in a structurally challenged body, gives her a greater appreciation of physical accomplishments, and a sharp, empathetic eye for her client’s issues.
As well as being certified in the GYROTONIC® method, Maria is an ACE certified Personal Trainer and a CPFA certified Pole Fitness Instructor. Maria spent 8 years assisting Louie Ettling of The Yoga Space, in her class for students with special conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s and scoliosis. She also participated in their 3 month study of the effects of Iyengar Yoga on breast cancer survivors.
Maria takes a multi-disciplinary approach to her teaching, but believes that the GYROTONIC® method is the perfect antidote to the postural challenges of aging in the 21st century. As Maria tells her friends, “I probably won’t be doing pole fitness at 90, but I definitely will be doing Gyro!”.
- Clinic nickname: Maria “The Cat Whisperer” Marlow
- Favourite book: In the Company of the Courtesan, The Razors Edge
- Favourite food: Grilled steelhead on arugular
- Favourite leisure activities / hobbies: What’s that?
- Favourite movie: The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Hours
- Favourite place: When I find it I’ll move there
- Favourite sport: Pole dancing
- Kryptonite: Mornings
- Most thankful for: Currently residing in Canada and not my American birthplace
- Superhuman talent: Nothing, all too human
- Useless Talent: I don’t have a useless talent, but I am useless when it comes to technology
… fabulous service …
A great clinic with fabulous service. Have been seeing … Maria and I can’t say enough about the professional services provided
– Kathy B, Google Review
GYROTONIC® is a registered trademark of Gyrotonic Sales Corp and is used with their permission