Dance Physiotherapy is a unique field in physiotherapy. The main focus is on improving a dancers’ health and wellness. Dancing stronger and longer is the goal at Cedar Chiropractic & Physiotherapy.
Our Burnaby physiotherapy clinic on Hastings St specializes in Dance Physiotherapy which integrates clinical expertise, a dancer’s values and scientific research into the decision making process in your care.
Dance Injuries And Treatment In Burnaby Heights
Your Body Is Your Tool
As a dancer, you only have one body! It is crucial to learn how to “switch on” each part of your body – each muscle and joint when you want to, for optimal movement control.
North Burnaby Dance Physiotherapy Services At Cedar
- Dance Performance Enhancement: Do you lack the physical strength and flexibility or is there a physiological reason for your performance challenges? We can help you identify the source
- Dance Screening: Aimed at helping you discover your body’s strengths and weaknesses and the implications they might have on preventing injury
- Dancer’s Hip Turn Out: Are you using the correct ‘turn-out’ muscle group? Do you have enough mobility and strength in your hips?
- Dancers’ Injury Management: Optimize your body’s healing ability for a speedier recovery through one-on-one physiotherapy sessions
- Pointe Assessment: Do you have the core stability, feet and ankle strength and flexibility to dance on pointe?
- Onsite Dance Movement Assessment: We will come to your dance studio where you take classes and practice to assess your movement in action
- Exercise Rehab: Expand your body’s potential by incorporating core, strengthening, clinical pilates exercises and other exercise systems into your dance training
- Core Stability for Dancers: Do you have enough control, awareness and strength in your ‘power house’? Is the ‘dog wagging the tail’ or is the ‘tail wagging the dog’?
- Workshops for dancers and dance teachers
Your specialized team of North Burnaby dance physiotherapists are here to help! We have the skills to assess a dancers’ physical body and identify individualized strengths and weaknesses leading you to the path that excels you towards your dancing goals.
Physiotherapy Treatment For Dancers
To help your dancers, gymnasts, skaters and artists recover from their injuries, there are a variety of treatment approaches your physiotherapist can use. These include:
- Cupping therapy
- Exercise rehab
- IMS or dry needling
- Laser and other modalities
- Manual therapy
- Physiotherapy exercise rehab with clinical pilates
- Sports rehab
- Taping, bracing
Frequently Asked Questions On Dance Physiotherapy
Other areas your dance physiotherapist can help you include improving your ability to perform various techniques, carrying out different assessments to gauge your ability and readiness to dance and developing an appropriate exercise rehab program to improve your strength and core stability.
Your physio may use tape or braces for added support to prevent re-injury and help in return to dance. Specific exercise rehabilitation usually plays an important role in your recovery, as you regain strength, flexibility, balance and control. Part of that exercise rehab may also include a variety of clinical pilates movements.