Dr John Sheu BSc DC
Activator Method Chiropractic, Advanced Proficiency
Standard First Aid & CPR Certified
While at McGill, he had his first contact with chiropractic, albeit indirectly. At the same time, back home, his father received care from a chiropractor. His father was suffering from a disabling back injury and thereupon his parents sent him some information about chiropractic. Suddenly, the possibility of being able to help people get their lives back through the use of his own hands, using natural methods, and being able to meet and connect with other people all came together. As a result, Dr Sheu realized that becoming a chiropractor was what he was meant to be. He studied at at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto and soon after received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree.
What Dr Sheu loves most about chiropractic is knowing that after every adjustment, the person in front of him is one small step closer to getting back to living the life they want and need. They can go to work to provide for their families, coupled with caring for and playing with their kids. They can do the recreational activities they enjoy doing. He cares for a lot of people with back, neck, shoulder, knee pain, headaches, and so on. However, chiropractic is really about helping a person’s body work more efficiently and properly so that they themselves are better able to recover from whatever injuries and symptoms they are challenged with.
Outside of the office, Dr John Sheu loves spending time with his wife and two amazing kids. He is fortunate that his wife is also a health professional and so health has always been important for their family. In his spare time you will also find him snowboarding, exercising, training in mixed martial arts and reading.
Thank you for visiting our site and learning more about our office and your Burnaby chiropractor. Feel free to contact our clinic either by phone or email to see how we can help you get back to your life.
- Clinic nickname: Dr John “The Clicker” Sheu
- Favourite book: Any CRA tax guide. Wait, were you asking for “Least” favourite?
- Favourite food: Chocolate and poutine. Just not together
- Favourite leisure activities / hobbies: Travel, movies
- Favourite movie: Cinema Paradiso – almost shed a tear
- Favourite place: Hawaii, specifically Maui
- Favourite sport: MMA, the cause of all his injuries, like his black eye, cauliflower ear, knee sprain, rib injury…
- Kryptonite: Video games. That’s why he doesn’t own a console
- Most embarrassing moment: Getting caught hiding chocolate from his kids
- Most known for: Late night snacking
- Most thankful for: His little tribe called “Family”
- Superhuman talent: Can lose 20lbs in 6wks
- Useless Talent: Able to sleep sitting up